Background & Experience
Dawid Cieloszczyk advocates for unions and workers at arbitrations, tribunals, and in courtrooms on a wide array of matters. He joined Koskie Glavin Gordon as a civil litigator in August 2020.
After obtaining his Honours Specialization in Philosophy at Western University and J.D. from the University of British Columbia, Dawid has worked at civil and criminal litigation firms in Vancouver. Before joining Koskie Glavin Gordon, he spent much of his time on his feet representing clients before tribunals, and in Provincial and Supreme Court, at examinations for discovery, mediations, chambers, and at trial. Dawid has engaged in complex litigation, including cases involving experts.
Dawid provides clients with pro-bono summary legal advice through Access Pro Bono on a wide array of legal issues, including contracts, employment and human rights, insurance, disability, privacy, and consumer protection and fraud issues.
Dawid speaks Polish, German, and is working on his French.
- Western University, Honours Specialization Philosophy (2013)
- University of British Columbia, J.D. (2016)
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association, Labour Law and Human Rights Subsection
- Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers
Awards & Rankings
- Bull Housser Prize in Labour Law for outstanding academic achievement (August 2016)
- Pozner Award from the UBC Law Students’ Legal Advice Program for outstanding contribution to the program (April 2014)