Background & Experience
Angela decided to pursue a legal career after working in a unionized environment for over two decades. She graduated from the Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia in May 2021, and joined Koskie Glavin Gordon as an associate after articling with the firm.
Angela has worked as a Longshore Worker in the Port of Vancouver for the past 25 years. She became a proud member of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Local 500 in 2007 and, since that time, has served her local and the labour movement in various capacities. From 2012 to 2014, Angela served as the first woman to hold the position of Vice President of ILWU Canada. She has worked relentlessly to advance human rights and gender rights in the historically male-dominated industry. Recently, Angela was involved in a tri-partite collaborative effort between the union, employer and the Government of Canada to design and implement workplace violence and harassment prevention training to ensure that the longshore industry is in compliance with the amendments to the Canada Labour Code introduced by Bill C-65.
In her spare time, Angela enjoys pilates, skiing, and reading.
- J.D. – University of British Columbia, 2021
- Diploma in Accounting – Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia, 2011
- B.Sc., Microbiology and Immunology – University of British Columbia, 2007
- Advanced Certificate, Forensic Science – British Columbia Institute of Technology, 2005
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association